About Constance M. Barone
Plastic Surgeon in San Antonio – Constance Barone, M.D.
If you are looking for a plastic surgeon in the San Antonio and Austin area, Constance Barone, M.D. is one of the most qualified and compassionate you will find. Dr. Barone is dedicated to treating every patient with personalized care and procedures that are tailored to the individual. Her extraordinary career has made her highly respected throughout the world as a surgeon, teacher, author, and innovator of some of the most state-of-the-art medical techniques in use today.
Constance Barone, M.D.
Constance Barone, M.D. is an esteemed plastic surgeon serving San Antonio and surrounding areas. Dr. Barone has led a multi-faceted career that has spanned many areas of plastic surgery. She has devoted her life to helping people look and feel better about themselves, while providing them with the safest, most technologically advanced care possible. Dr. Barone is a renowned innovator of endoscopic surgical techniques, a way of performing major surgery without resulting in significant scarring and long recovery periods. She is also one of the few plastic surgeons in the U.S. who is skilled with transumbilical breast augmentation, and prides herself on her ability to perform an extremely wide array of cosmetic enhancement procedures with an expert hand and a personal, comfortable approach with patients. Constance Barone, M.D. also continues her education in various fields of medicine, constantly learning new methods, techniques, and technologies to advance her skills and offer patients only the best care. She is able to extend this knowledge even further with her many teaching appointments, helping to educate present and future doctors in many areas of plastic surgery.
Constance Barone, M.D. wants all of her patients to feel they can trust the person with whom they have placed their care, and she encourages open and honest communication at all times. Dr. Barone makes it a high priority to explain procedures in detail, including risks and alternatives, in order for her patients to have a full picture of what will happen before, during, and after surgery.
Together, you and Dr. Constance Barone will work as a team to fulfill your treatment goals and emerge with positive, beautiful results. Please contact our plastic surgery center in San Antonio to schedule a complimentary consultation.
At our plastic surgery practice, we operate under the philosophy of providing patients with compassionate, safe care, and keeping patients well-educated about every aspect of their procedure. Constance Barone, M.D. utilizes her extensive training, expertise, and skill to ensure that all of our procedures and techniques are state-of-the-art in their safety and efficiency. She and her entire staff take an educational approach with our patients, believing that those who know and understand the procedure or procedures they have selected to undergo can play an active role in making the outcome as successful as possible.
Plastic surgeon Constance Barone, M.D., based in San Antonio, Texas, is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon:
- American Board of Plastic Surgery - 1991 - Indefinately
- American Board of Surgery - 1998-1999
Dr. Constance Barone has the distinction of being educated at some of the most prestigious institutions of higher learning and medical training in the country. Dr. Barone's educational background includes:
- B.A. - Smith College, Northampton, MA, 1974 – 1978
- M.D. - Mount Sinai School of Medicine, New York, N.Y., 1978 – 1982
- General Surgery Residency - Temple University Hospital, 1982 - 1987
- Plastic Surgery Residency - New York University Medical Center, 1987 – 1989
- Craniofacial Fellowship - Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York - 1991-1992
Constance Barone, M.D. has held membership in a number of top medical organizations. They include:
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- American Association of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Plastic Surgery Research Council
- Association of Academic Chairman of Plastic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- American College of Surgeons - F.A.C.S. Fellow
- American Academy of Cosmetic Surgeons - F.A.A.C.S. Fellow
Honors, Awards, and Accomplishments
Constance Barone, M.D. has proven in her career as a plastic surgeon that San Antonio patients and those from around the world can trust in her skill, expertise, and compassion. Dr. Barone's exceptional body of work has earned her many honors and awards, including:
- Selected her as one of Southeastern Texas' Top Doctors by Castle Connolly. This signals she is highly regarded by her fellow physicians as outstanding in the field of plastic surgery.
- Top 1% in the nation for Plastic Surgery according to US News Top Doctors
- Best Plastic & Cosmetic Surgeons 2012
- Texas Super Doctors 2012
- Castle Connolly's Top Doctors 2012
- Dr. Constance M. Barone has been selected by her peers as an outstanding practicing doctor in Texas. After an extensive nomination and research process conducted by Key Professional Media, Inc., the results will be published in Texas Super Doctors, a special advertising section in the December 2011 issue of Texas Monthly.
- Selected America's Top Doctors Castle Connolly's, 2011
- Selected Top Doctor by Scene in SA, 2011
- Voted Best Doctor in Plastic surgery by her professional peers in Scene in SA January 19, 2011 issue.
- Top Doc in Scene In S.A., November 2008
- 2009 Woman of the Year in Medicine & Healthcare by the American Biographical Institute Board of International Research
- Best Doctors in America 2005-2006
- San Antonio's Top Doctors 2006
- America's Top Surgeons in Plastic Surgery, Consumer Research Council of America 2004-2005
- Current Clinical Professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio
- Professor, Chief and Program Director of the Division of Plastic Surgery at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio July 2004- August 2007
- Who’s Who in America 2007
- Served as Associate Editorial Board Member and reviewer of the Journal of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery and Senior Editor for Plastic Surgery Section of Cranio-Maxillofacial Trauma Journal
- Served as Chairman of the Scientific Program for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Educator of the Year Award 2006 at UTHSCSA
- International Health Professional of the Year 2006
- Published over 100 book chapters and articles
- Presented over a 100 presentations at the local, national and international level
- Featured on Discovery Health, Good Morning America, Texas Monthly, San Antonio Magazine, SA Living, Seventeen Magazine
- The Best in American Medicine: America's Top Doctors, Castle Connolly Guide 2004, 2005
- Listed in Guide to America's Top Physicians, 2003 Edition
- Woman of the Year from the American Biographical Institute, Board of International Research, 2001
- The Best Doctors in America, 1998
- Strathmore's Who's Who, 1997-1998 Edition
- Who's Who in the Midwest, 26th Edition: 1997
- The Best Doctors in America: Central Region, First Edition: 1996-1997
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
- Community Service Award by the American Medical Association 1994
- National and international reputation in endoscopic techniques and a respected pioneer of surgical techniques
Dr. Barone has also written educational and pioneering articles for major medical publications, in addition to being featured in a variety of television, newspaper, and magazine stories. She recently contributed a major report on "Outpatient Extended Abdominoplasty in the Patient with Massive Weight Loss," published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal.
Contact Constance Barone, M.D.
Our plastic surgeon serving San Antonio, Austin, and surrounding areas in South Texas believes that every patient should feel comfortable with his or her physician, and that starts with knowing the doctor's background and qualifications so that a trusting relationship between doctor and patient can be established. Dr. Barone encourages you to contact her at our San Antonio plastic surgery practice with any questions you may have.
Visit our sister site, baronecosmeticsurgery.com, for more information on the wide range of procedures we provide.