Popular Areas for Liposuction
Nobody has the perfect body. Even those people with an appearance we admire have their own flaws that they’d like to correct. One problem that is faced by many men and women is the appearance of extra fat deposits in the body. Even people who are thin can have stubborn pockets of fat that are difficult to burn off with regular exercise. That is why millions of patients choose to undergo liposuction to remove this excess fat. Dr. Constance Barone is a talented San Antonio plastic surgeon who offers liposuction to her patients who are concerned by extra deposits of fat.
Among Dr. Barone’s patients in San Antonio, liposuction is a procedure that has continued to grow in popularity. Over the years, the liposuction procedure has also continued to improve in safety and effectiveness. One of the great things about liposuction is that it can remove fat from virtually any area of the body. Liposuction only requires a few small incisions so it is easy for Dr. Barone to access fat from smaller areas of the body. Some popular areas of the body to be treated with liposuction include the:
- Buttocks: Most patients would love to have a firmer, smaller, bottom. With liposuction, Dr. Barone can help patients achieve this look.
- Arms: Liposuction is often used to contour the arms, particularly the underside of the arms where excess fat can collect and hang down.
- Legs: Liposuction can remove fat deposits that collect in the legs. The thighs are the most common area of the leg where this extra fat collects. Liposuction can sculpt the thighs and prevent them from rubbing together.
- Flanks: Liposuction can remove fat from the flanks. This is a problem area commonly referred to as “love handles.”
- Abdomen: The stomach is another area of the body where fat is likely to be stored. Dr. Barone can use liposuction on the abdomen on its own, but it is often performed in conjunction with a tummy tuck.
- Face/Chin: Excess fat can be removed from the face and chin using liposuction. This can help sculpt the face and correct the appearance of a double chin. Facial liposuction can be used on the face on its own, or performed along with a facelift, neck lift, or brow lift.
- Back: Back fat is another concern for many of Dr. Barone’s patients. Liposuction can remove extra back fat to leave patients with a more toned back.
Any one area of the body can be treated with liposuction, but it is more common for Dr. Barone to either include liposuction as part of another plastic surgery procedure or address more than one area of the body during the liposuction procedure.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are within 25 pounds of your healthy weight range, but have pockets of fat that you’d like removed from the body, you are likely a good candidate for liposuction. Schedule a consultation with Dr. Constance Barone to learn more about the procedure and see if liposuction can help you reach your goals.