Crow's Feet Treatments: Non-Surgical Anti-Aging Options
By Constance M. Barone, M.D. on August 10, 2014
Dr. Constance Barone has helped countless patients throughout the greater San Antonio achieve excellent aesthetic results that make them look refreshed and rejuvenated. This can be achieve with facial plastic surgery procedures, but there are also highly effect non-surgical treatments such as facials and injectable treatments, which can reduce wrinkles without downtime or scarring.
We'd like to take this opportunity to consider various non-surgical treatments for a common problem that many would love to have addressed: crow's feet.
What are crow's feet?
A little clarification first on crow's feet because some people misapply the term as a catch-all for all eye wrinkles.
Crow's feet are the wrinkles that form at the corners of the eyes as part of the natural aging process. Sun damage and squinting can accelerate the formation of these kinds of wrinkles.
One of the best treatment options for crow's feet is BOTOX® injections. BOTOX® injections help halt the muscle contractions in the injection site. This makes the wrinkles appear less prominent in the process. The results of BOTOX® injections will last for a few months, and repeat treatments can be performed easily and without hassles.
Chemical peels are a traditional method of improving the overall appearance of the skin, using special compounds to remove the damaged outer layer of the skin and reveal a healthier layer of skin underneath.
Laser Skin Treatment
Modern skin resurfacing techniques have actually employed lasers to help enhance the skin's appearance and texture. Laser skin resurfacing and various light therapy options have been known to enhance the overall appearance of the face through non-invasive means.
Which option is right for me?
When it comes to picking the right treatment for crow's feet, Dr. Barone will be sure to tailor the treatment to your needs. During the consultation process, she will go over which treatment or combination of treatments will be able to get rid of those pesky crow's feet as well as other facial wrinkles.
Prevention of Crow's Feet
Here are a few things that you can do at home to prevent crow's feet from forming.
- Use Sunscreen - Over time, sun damage can lead to wrinkles and lines. Protect and love your skin with sunblock when you're outdoors.
- Wear Sunglasses - Wearing sunglasses will help prevent you from squinting and scrunching your face, and will also block out some of the sun that can harm the skin around your eyes.
- Avoid Smoking - Smoking dries out the skin and damages it, leading to more wrinkling. It's just another compelling reason to quit.
- Get Your Eyes Checked - When you have poor vision, you are prone to squinting and causing lines to form around the eyes. By having an updated prescription for glasses or contacts, you wind up doing your skin wonders.
- Don't Stare at Monitors Too Long - Eyestrain from staring at monitors too long can lead to squinting and lines. Be sure to look away from your screen every 20 minutes to reset your eyes.
- Remove Eye Makeup Carefully - Remove your makeup around the eyes gently and using delicate makeup removers to ensure your skin is clean and healthy.
Learn More About Facial Rejuvenation Options
If you would like to learn more about your options for anti-aging treatment and facial rejuvenation, it's important that you contact our cosmetic plastic surgery center today. Dr. Barone is eager to meet you in person and help you look your youngest and your very best.
Related to This
“Rating our experience with a perfect score is not enough. The care and attention we received from Dr. Barone and her team was as close to perfection as one can ask for.” Jacqueline W.