Enjoy Toned Legs with Procedures for the Thighs
By Constance M. Barone, M.D. on May 01, 2015
The aging process, weight fluctuations, and certain genetic conditions can leave you with excess skin or fat in your thighs. Even after you work to slim down and tighten your thighs, you still might struggle with a flabby or sagging appearance. This could make athletic activities more difficult or cause you to feel self-conscious about wearing certain clothing. Dr. Constance M. Barone provides a wide variety of body contouring surgeries to help patients enjoy svelte, shapely figures. These treatments involve firming and sculpting the thighs for sexy, fit legs. Below, we explain our procedures for the thighs and how they can help you experience a more attractive physique.
Thigh Concerns We Can Correct
Dr. Barone and our team can address the following aesthetic issues that affect your thighs:
- Unwanted fat deposits
- Excess, drooping skin
- Disproportionately sized thighs
We can enhance your thighs with two basic procedures: liposuction and thigh lift surgery.
Liposuction for Your Thighs
If you suffer from unwanted fat deposits in your thighs, Dr. Barone can perform liposuction to remove them. We offer several forms of liposuction to suit your needs and preferences:
- During the tumescent procedure, she will begin by injecting a mixture of lidocaine (an anesthetic), epinephrine (a medication that minimizes bleeding), and sterile saltwater. She will then use a tiny tube called a cannula to gently suction out fat cells.
- Super-wet liposuctionis similar to tumescent liposuction, except it involves a much larger injection. Dr. Barone recommends this method for patients who are at higher risk for blood loss or need to remove more fat.
- UAL, or ultrasound-assisted liposuction, involves using sound waves to dissolve the fat cells so they can be suctioned out. We typically combine this treatment technique with a tumescent injection.
- Dr. Barone can offer custom acoustic liposuction, or CAL, using low frequency acoustic infrasonic vibration to fragment your fat cells for removal. We also call this procedure “awake” liposuction since it can often be performed comfortably without sedation or anesthesia.
Targeted liposuction can slim your thighs and boost your confidence.
Thigh Lift Surgery
For patients who struggle with heavy, drooping skin and excess fat in their thighs, Dr. Barone can perform thighplasty, or thigh lift surgery. During this procedure, she will make incisions into your upper, lower, or inner thighs. She will then use these incisions to access and modify the underlying tissue. Dr. Barone will tighten and firm deeper thigh tissues, remove surplus fat, and pull your skin smooth for a natural, toned look. Depending on the size and location of your fat deposits, Dr. Barone may recommend combining your thighplasty with liposuction.
Combining Thigh Procedures with Other Cosmetic Treatments
Since thigh surgeries are targeted treatments, we often combine them with other cosmetic procedures. Liposuction or thighplasty can be part of a customized mommy makeover for women who want to reclaim their bodies after pregnancy, birth, and nursing. Thigh procedures can also factor into post bariatric surgery or a full body lift for patients who have experienced massive weight loss. Dr. Barone will discuss your treatment options and create a personalized surgical plan for you at your initial consultation.
Enjoy Gorgeous Thighs
Dr. Barone and our team can help you enjoy the slender, graceful legs you’ve always wanted. To learn more about plastic surgery procedures for your thighs or find out if you may be a candidate, contact us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Barone.
Related to This
“Rating our experience with a perfect score is not enough. The care and attention we received from Dr. Barone and her team was as close to perfection as one can ask for.” Jacqueline W.