RADIESSE® San Antonio
Deep-set wrinkles can age your appearance by several years. Dr. Constance Barone offers RADIESSE® volumizing filler at her San Antonio practice for patients who want an immediate, long-lasting treatment for moderate to severe facial wrinkles. RADIESSE® not only adds volume to your skin to fill wrinkles, it stimulates your skin to produce more collagen for long-lasting wrinkle reduction. If you have been searching for a dermal filler that provides beautiful results that really last, contact us to learn more about RADIESSE®.
How RADIESSE® Works
RADIESSE® consists of calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres suspended within a gel carrier. CaHA is a naturally occurring substance found in the human body. These spheres immediately add volume to your skin, softening wrinkles while they continue to stimulate collagen production for up to a year or longer following treatment.
RADIESSE® gel is eventually absorbed by the body, and the CaHA spheres are broken down by the body, leaving behind the body's own collagen.
Receiving RADIESSE® Injections
Dr. Barone uses a thin needle to inject RADIESSE® into targeted areas of the face that have developed deep lines or wrinkles. This dermal filler can be injected into several areas of the face, including:
- Smile Lines - Also known as nasolabial folds, smile lines exist between the upper outside edges of your nostrils and the corners of your mouth. As implied from their name, smile lines develop from smiling and other movements that lift the cheeks.
- Chin Wrinkles - Horizontal wrinkles on the chin develop in between the bottom lip and the bottom of the chin.
- Pre-jowl Wrinkles - These wrinkles develop on either side of the chin just above the jaw line.
- Corners of the Mouth - Wrinkles on either side of the mouth develop from smiling and moving the lips. Eventually, they remain even while the face is relaxed.
- Marionette Lines - These lines are called marionette lines because they resemble the lines on puppets that extend from the corners of the mouth to the bottom of the jaw.
If you are beginning to develop wrinkles in any of these areas, it is wise to begin dermal filler treatment sooner rather than later, as shallower wrinkles are more responsive to injections than deep-set lines.
If you are concerned about pain or discomfort from your RADIESSE® injections, this gel is FDA-approved to mix with lidocaine, an anesthetic medication. Patients with severe allergies should not receive RADIESSE® treatment. RADIESSE® has only minor side effects, which may include tenderness or redness at the injection site, itchy skin, and light bruising. Usually these effects subside quickly. RADIESSE® is applied in just a few minutes, and patients can return to their daily activities immediately after.
RADIESSE® versus Other Injectables
RADIESSE® is different from other dermal fillers because of its unique composition that allows it to continue to work even after injection. Dr. Barone can help you determine what dermal filler is right for you. You may also want to explore other injections that prevent your wrinkles from becoming more pronounced, such as BOTOX® Cosmetic.
“Rating our experience with a perfect score is not enough. The care and attention we received from Dr. Barone and her team was as close to perfection as one can ask for.” Jacqueline W.